While the wiki is largely edited by me so far, I’m open to any merge requests sent to the source repository, and often even I tend to deviate from my own rules, so it’s better write them down before I forget them.
as an idea per /r/worldbuilding Discord, modern D20 tech levels are most preferred to describe societies: https://www.d20resources.com/future.d20.srd/progress.levels/
The wording I’d like to use:
- prehistoric for PL0 (stone age)
- antique for PL1 (bronze/iron age)
- medieval for PL2 (middle ages)
- renaissance for PL3 (age of reason)
- industrial for PL4 (industrial age)
- modernized for PL5 (information age)
- space-faring for PL6 (fusion age)
PL7 (gravity age) and PL8 (energy age) are blurred because some of its achievements are possible (e.g. space stations) while some others are not (e.g. FTL travel)
PL9 (anything higher) is reserved exclusively for the Shapers.