List of minor human factions
The remaining 4% is shared by hundreds of other civilizations, founded after the first settlers have left Volada, or by declaring partial or full independence.
This constantly expanding article, contains the list of them, along with a short description.
Blood Hand: just a namesake for now.
The Boson Conundrum: led by the charismatic scientist Adao “Boson” Beran, they are a sovereign R&D company living off of contractual work for the Future Empire and black market clients. As with other sovereign companies, they own their base of operations: the moon Vekka.
- The City State of Deprov: a highly modernized yet culturally very divided sovereign city inhabiting the small moon called Deprov. They live off of R&D contract but couldn’t expand any further on their land than the single city.
- The Green Squad: a sovereign industrial military vendor company in close alliance with the Jade Legion. They hold a handful of small moons and their operations are mostly centered around holding back the Justice Empire on some frontline of medium importance. They have reliable weaponry but are not successful against regular space-faring weaponry. Iria Eehma’s father died during a Green Squad escort operation.
The Holy Kingdom of Smaex Prye: a fanatic sect ruling over the planet Smaex Prye. Just a namesake as of June 2022.
Honey Kingdom: a medieval-like kingdom ruling over dozens of planets, famous about the huge amount of sugar, sweets, honey, and similar substances they produce in exotic environments, with the use of highly specialized Ethereal-inscribed equipment. Otherwise, just a namesake as of June 2022.
- Jade Legion: one of the more serious factions, led by the Jade Emperor who rules over a hundred planets. A highly indoctrinated, militaristic, nationalistic, monolithic modernized ethnostate of the ethnicity of the Jade people. Their primary vision is to rule over all Jade people, providing the required, and supposedly deserved “living space” for the nation. They are hugely controversial for their violent acts and their alleged role in terrorism; however many consider them a useful ally as they keep (among others) the much more hostile Justice Empire at watch. Very notable for merciless, yet very effective use of meditation in their forces.
- The Khali: a strict industrial theocracy ruling over dozens of planets. They live by the rules of the religion of the same name which demands asceticism, constant meditation, proselytizing and regular pilgrimage, among other rules. Many consider them a threat over religious matters; in practice, though, they live on a medieval technological level and mostly advocate for the understanding of the nature of Ethereal Energy, as a form of understanding Khali, the One God. Their most notable invention is the infamous metafocus-interrupting anomaly weapon, the Khali Stick.
- Monument Empire: an industrial democracy based on planet Cyargao. Residing in a set of cities around the planet’s Monument, they are otherwise unremarkable; they work as an ally of the Movement to hold back the Justice Empire and protect distemporal people. It was their capital city of the same name where Iria Eehma first started working as a military supplier.
- Order of the Corpse Bombers: an industrial terrorist organization holding over a dozen moons. Just like many others, they are actively hunting and enslaving distemporal people. The bodies of distemporal people release an extreme amount of energy on brain death, and the Corpse Bombers created specialized Ethereal-inscribed artillery cartridges they use in their military operations. Distemporal people enclosed within these cartridges are carefully calculated to be killed in exact specific moments, converting them to living bombs. While their reckless behavior goes against the Way, the Justice Empire implicitly allows their presence and operations; every other faction is hunting them and their nomadic leader.
- Protectorate of Elenian Ochbor: an industrial-level confederacy of a handful of smaller distemporal communities on the isolated colony on planet Eleinian Ochbor - as of May 2022, it’s just a namesake.
- Sons of the Ring: a separatist Arderist community holding over two dozen planets, gaining independence from the Free Heaven Movement. Highly militaristic and technocratic, they decided to implement more violent ways of protecting the rights of distemporal people. Considered heretics by the Arderist clergy, but becoming a very useful ally for others in the fight against the Church of the Cybergod. Iria Eehma spent some time as a mercenary under their flag during her journey to Zero.
- Union Fort: an independent modernized city-state on the taiga moon Anberoi, existing completely enclosed and isolated within the walls of a centuries-old mountaintop castle of the same name. With their remote yet complete domination over the local Planet Monument and their tendency to allow newcomers to join, they are one of the strongest micronations of the galaxy. Keeps up very good diplomatic relations with the Future Empire.
- The Velxio Army: a sovereign army state on the moon Velxio. Otherwise, just a namesake as of May 2022.
- Vessel’s Gate: a Vasii military sect directly serving Vessel, with close ties to the Church, led by Gatekeeper Rabiah “Kebechet” Ata. Started as a loose alliance of low-life believers, augmented mercenaries, ethnic outcasts and proclaimed heretics, it soon became a mostly aggressive, yet supporting and self-sustaining semi-industrial junta. Residing in the same solar system as Republic space industry center planet Epte Merinos, the Vessel’s Gate is infamous about their clandestine existence, and their huge support of resources for the organized crime entities inside the Republic. Said operation kickstart the events revolving around Drake and Siara.
During the rich history of the galaxy, many human faction were defeated, fallen, assimilated or otherwise ceased existing.
The Eternal Pillar: a really capable and large ancient empire centered on the largely aquatic planet Ainab Kear. Aside of being an advanced sailing faction, they are generally known as the creators of Ainbian language, a language still spoken by billions of people. The Eternal Pillar was highly theocratic, with a schism leading to a long downfall in the 2nd millennia.
The Ezri Empire: an exceptionally large antique empire used to be the militaristic ethnostate of the ethnic Ezri people. In the early days of Arderism, the Ezri Empire had large-scale conflicts with the Republic to secure important distemporal colonies; they were one of the fundamental bastions of those looking for an alternative to the URH. Eventually, internal conflicts weakened the empire to the point when the Republic could easily crush them; by the 5th millennia, the empire was crushed, with the Ezri population escaping into diaspora. This was the biggest migration of humans noted in the galaxy at the time.
The Galarian Matriarchy: a renaissance queendom of warrior women on planet Galaris, making heavy use of meditation abilities. Formerly an Arderist colony, they broke ties with the Movement after matriarchic ideologies started to take more extreme measures and they started waging several wars against alleged patriarchic factions. Drake visited them during their journey, and unveiled how the Matriarch betrayed her kin and became corrupted for helping the Justice Empire in their goals. A betrayed male slave soldier eventually challenged and defeated her, ending the matriarchy.
The Kingdom of Golden Oasis Valley: an antique Arderist kingdom that ruled over two millennia over the planet Golden Oasis Valley (insignia: Neocairo). Being an otherwise unremarkable civilization, they partook mostly in subtropical agriculture, arts, meditation, and living by Arderist Christianity. They were defeated after a prolonged series of mostly religious conflicts with the Church of the Cybergod. Later NeoCairo was modernized and became the strongest bastion of the Church, but the tension between them and Arderists remained.
The Second Ezri Empire: an industrial empire created as a revival of the old Ezri Empire by ethnic Ezri people. Just a namesake as of August 2022.
The Wooden Troopland: an antique military union that ruled over dozens of moons and was one of the states populated by the ethnic Ezri people among others. Rabiah Ata is from the Wooden Troopland through her mother. Later the faction went into sharp decline and then abandoned; what was left was quickly defeated by various military adversaries by the late 790th century, leading to a quick end for the empire.