Since humanity hasn’t existed in the galaxy for hundreds of thousands of years, many technological artifacts and knowledge they have encountered, found, used or exploited were of alien origin, and very often way better than anything of human understanding.
This constantly expanding article is an attempt to showcase most of the more interesting inventions of the alien civilizations. Note: this does not include megastructures such as Beacon World or the Gate.
Other noteworthy concepts:
- Self-replication: any behavior of a dynamical system that yields construction of an identical or similar copy of itself. In context of alien technology, it refers to robotic or mechanical components with such ability in an energetically efficient manner. Shaper origin.
- Spatial warp: a two-dimensional plane providing instantaneous connection between two points of spacetime, regardless of Euclidean distance. Discovered by the Shapers, not possible without EEC.
- Animal Control: the general idea of remotely manipulating non-sentient animals for directed purposes, usually warfare. Cloudan origin.
- Artificial life: organisms created in vitro from biochemical compounds and/or their analogues thereof. Many of the known alien races are of artificial origin.
- Tunicamit: an extremely durable alloy of various exotic metals, with an additional treatment of EEC, generally used as coating for space-faring objects. Shaper origin.
- Dyson sphere: a megastructure that captures a large percentage of the solar power output of a star by completely encompassing it. Only the Shapers were ever known to have the capacity of constructing them.
- Planet Monument: a structure capable of harnessing Ethereal Energy from entire celestial bodies and transmitting it hundreds of parsecs away. Shaper origin.
- Teleport ship: a space ship capable of interstellar travel by opening extremely localized spatial warps. Cloudan origin.
- Parasite ship: a biomechanical space ship designed for deploying biological weapons and commit mass destruction. Cloudan origin.
- Cosmic Gateway: a hexagon-shaped temporary Green Portal that can be casted on any planetary surface via relatively small and portable generator devices. Shaper origins.